Friday, September 22, 2006

E-MALE - Idris Elba

I have been claiming him since the days he was Stringer Bell on HBO's crime-drama "The Wire" and he's the only reason I ever tuned in. Until this day, I can barely name any other character on that show. He was also a convincing Augustin in last year's "Sometimes in April" the HBO movie about the Rwandan genocide in 1994. They are also Idris sightings all over Atlanta these days (he was filming here) lucky for him (well really me, I don't need a record for stalking of all crimes) I never ran into him, because I swear I love him y'all. Really, I really do.




I mean look at him, how could I not? He's alway referred to as a British actor, but I tell you, I looked at that georgeous skin and I knew he was at the very least West African. They don't make them like that in Naija, so I researched further. Turns out my instincts are dead on, his mother is from Ghana and his father from Sierra Leone, and he's an only child. That's too bad really because those genes are amazing. Most recently, he's been seen on UK television, playing some retired football player (soccer) in "All in the Game." I gather the show overall wasn't very good, but he was "brilliant" in his role. He'll be on the big screen soon, and I'll remind you, he's the newest male lead in Tyler's Perry next film "Daddy's Little Girls." That's due out in February, and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: