Friday, February 02, 2007

Afrique Netizens

Since my mother decided to let us get that aol account in 1995 and I was first exposed to the internet, I've had the opportunity to view tons of websites. Some good, some horrible, some now defunct. They're also quite a number of African related sites online, that I tend to visit on a regular basis, for a variety of reasons. Today I'm featuring a site that often provides comic relief for me, www.mashada.com. Since I've been living in Atlanta, I've come in contact with a large Kenyan community, who like to live in Cobb county and have parties with tons of beer. I think I got a postcard for this website there, and decided to have a look see sometime in 2003, and I keep going back.




It really is a vibrant online meeting place for Kenyans all around the diaspora. They have some real comedians in their discussion forums, occasionally some of the posts are in their native languages (Luo, Kikuyu, Swahili, etc) but I get the general gist most times.




No comments: