Monday, March 19, 2007

On Screen - 300


The only black man who has a speaking role in Frank Miller's graphic interpretation of the Battle of Thermopylae - 300, is a Canadian based, British born actor of Ghanaian descent. What a tongues twisters, we africans are sometimes the best examples of global citizens! In any case, I saw this film, and the moment he came on screen I knew the guy na West African bobo. Initially like most Nigerians, I was going to claim him as my own, but upon doing some further reasearch, I found out that he is in fact from a few doors down, Ghana. He plays the role of the Persian messenger, and I kept wondering if that's how he actually sounds in real life, or it that was some sort of sound effect applied. In case, you have not seen this movie (just about everyone I know has) and you don't mind extremely loud noises or men with extremely chiseld abs in Speedos, I'd recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this movie & i love the scène featuring this actor
but one other speaking black messenger is in this movie
he lost his hand in the battle

sorry for my por english