Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Are you bored?

ok, for the record, DC is my favorite city, well most days it is. But one of the things I love about it, is that there is such a big African community that actually intermingles on a regular basis, it's not just the Liberians over there and the Ethiopians over there... well maybe there's a little bit of that, I digress. Well my point is, you can meet and interact with so many different young (and not so young) generally progressive Africans. Plus the weather there is mild enough, I could actually stand living there. There's a group there YAP: Young African Professionals, that usually does a happy hour type event the last friday of every month. But as I was browsing their site, wishing I was there or they were here, I noticed a feature. Not sure how long it's been available, but I thought it was a great idea! I guess it's similar to a classifieds web board, like craigslist, but it's for 1. social activities/outings and 2. it's specifically for africans. It's called YAP Weekender. So for you lucky people in DC, enjoy each other's company, for the rest of us, let's make some effort to connect with each other where we are.

No comments: