Monday, September 25, 2006

Greetings...

While I am a fan of the Mahogany cards put out by Hallmark, I always thought wanted to find a card made by someone from the continent. Not because of anything, just because I wanted it. A few weeks ago, I was in New York, for the Ugandan North American Association 18th Annual convention (don't ask why I was there, or why AIRTRAN LOST MY LUGGAGE AND LOOKED AT ME CROSS EYED WHEN I ASKED THEM TO REIMBURSE ALL MY COSMETICS PURCHASES)*breathe in... breathe out... okay I'm not mad anymore*
But while I was there, there was an art exhibit by David Kibuuka and there were some greeting cards with beautiful artwork.. I actually purchased a few, if not for fear of lost luggage on the way home and long stories, I would have purchsed this beautiful print I saw "
Nakiyingi"



I like her eyes. I finally unpacked last night from my NY trip, and I saw the cards I bought and i meant to put htis up a while ago. But David Kibuuka is a Canadian based Ugandan artist who also has some greeting cards featuring his art. You can purchase, view, learn more by visiting his website: www.kibuuka.com. I will go order the print I wanted now.

No comments: