Thursday, September 07, 2006

Curvy girls rock

Browsing on the web last night (okay myspace again) and saw this posted in someone's guestbook/signature space. So I clicked. I cam across Aissata page. She is from Sao Tome & Principe, a former model who is is very artistically inclined, she draws, created t shirts with her unique artwork, designs china and so much more. I saw this cartoon, and smiled. And proceeded to forward the link to my girlfriends, and thought why not just put it up here.




See how they made the girl with extra feel bad? That ain't right









I know I'm not the only afrique chic who has struggled/is struggling with body image, especially when living in a strange land, where the body of a prepubescent boy is desired by adult women.
Please visit
Aissata's webpage and find more great art.

No comments: