Monday, September 11, 2006

The Rocks

Okay as some of you already know Olympus Fashion Week 2007 kicked off this past Friday (9/8/06) and while I was looking for pictures of my favorite afrique chic models, I found pictures of Chris Aire's show.

I know y'all know who that is right?
The Iceman, Mr. Bling? Well now that that 419 operative Jacob the Jeweler is facing jail time, you might hear more about him in next summers rap hit. Our Beninois brother has made a name for himself in the jewelry business, after trying his hand at other things including music and acting. After being disowned by his parents for shunning school, instead choosing to go into the music industry, he eventually carved a niche for himself creating beautiful pieces for the young, (relatively) rich and famous with plenty of disposable incomes.

To see Chris' work, or to reward yourself with one of his pieces, visit Chris Aire online

Okay to the pictures:


Here's one of the afrique chics (I was looking for initially) modeling one of his so icy creations.


Look at that red gold!

Here's some more pictures for you:


I like that headpiece, why do I forsee an imitation at someone's traditional marriage ceremony sometime in the very near future?


yes that's Tyson and (yes I agree he does look tres foolish with that mess on his head)

See more here.

All photos courtesy of Getty Images




I have more today btw, don't think I came empty handed, I'll post shortly (well before midnight)

No comments: